‘HWPW Forward’ is designed to deliver accurate, timely information and open communication
OMAHA, Neb., Nov. 16, 2023 – Union Pacific is placing action behind its commitment to transparency and accountability to the Fifth Ward community by launching a holistic transparency initiative, HWPW Forward. The initiative is part of the company’s broader efforts that include remediation and testing in the Fifth Ward community surrounding the former Houston Wood Preserving Works (HWPW) site.
HWPW Forward is dedicated to fostering communication and collaboration with the community through varying measures, including:
- HWPW Forward Project Website: a centralized hub to access comprehensive information about the former HWPW site and current activities, including Union Pacific news releases and statements, historic site cleanup and remediation progress, testing updates, and more.
- Social Channels: HWPW Forward on Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), and YouTube provide direct channels for the community to stay connected with accurate information and timely updates. (Note: While our comments are turned off at this time, our commitment to keeping the community informed and updated is always on.)
- HWPW Forward Community Coordinators: a dedicated team to answer community questions via phone or email within 48 hours.
- Quarterly ‘Progress and Action’ Reports: periodic reports to update the community on the status of ongoing efforts, along with accompanying webinars to review and discuss findings openly with the public to begin in 2024.
- Community Spokesperson/Liaison: Toni Harrison, daughter of Fifth Ward pioneers and communication professional committed to bridging connections between residents and Union Pacific.
“Union Pacific is committed to the Fifth Ward community, and we’re putting transparency at the forefront of our approach,” Harrison said. “The HWPW Forward initiative is one of the ways we’ll deliver on our promise of timely updates and providing comprehensive, accurate information to keep the community well-informed.”
HWPW Forward reaffirms Union Pacific’s unwavering commitment to working collaboratively with the Fifth Ward community, offering accurate and accessible information throughout every phase of the process.
To stay connected with HWPW Forward progress in Fifth Ward, follow along at:
- Facebook: HWPW Forward
- X (formerly Twitter): @HWPWForward
- YouTube: @HWPW_Forward
- Website: hwpwinfo.com
- Project Information Phone Line: 1-800-823-6070
- Email: [email protected]
“By following these channels, you’re taking an active role in shaping the future of Fifth Ward,” Harrison said. “Your engagement is invaluable as we work together to prioritize the safety and sustainability of our shared community.”
ABOUT UNION PACIFIC
Union Pacific (NYSE: UNP) delivers the goods families and businesses use every day with safe, reliable and efficient service. Operating in 23 western states, the company connects its customers and communities to the global economy. Trains are the most environmentally responsible way to move freight, helping Union Pacific protect future generations. More information about Union Pacific is available at www.up.com.
Union Pacific Media Contact: Kristen South at 402-544-3435 or [email protected]