In May, contractors for Union Pacific notified the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) of their plans to conduct soil sampling at the Houston Wood Preserving Works Facility as part of the Phase 3 expansion project at the Englewood Intermodal Yard. This proposed soil sampling plan includes drilling holes to test for contaminants. The TCEQ responded with comments and approved the plan. Soil sampling activities began immediately upon receiving TCEQ approval and will be conducted through the end of June.
The Englewood Intermodal Yard expansion will improve operational capacity and support more efficient train movements through one of the busiest crossroads in the country, growing the critical Houston and Gulf Coast market.
- Union Pacific Letter to TCEQ Sharing the Plan for Soil Sampling Activities – May 1, 2023
- Union Pacific Notification to TCEQ of Planned Soil Sampling Activities – May 3, 2023
- TCEQ Comment Letter on Planned Soil Sampling Activities – May 17, 2023
- Union Pacific Response to TCEQ Comments on Planned Soil Sampling Activities – May 25, 2023
- TECQ Approval Letter for Planned Soil Sampling Activities – May 30, 2023